Easily Amused

Thursday, November 23, 2006

So Thankful

As today draws to a close, it seems like an appropriate time to be thankful.

I am so thankful for
  • A sister who brings out the very best in me and whom I adore. As should everyone. She just rocks.
  • The colors pink and green. Alone or together, just thanks.
  • Four sisters who I was lucky enough to gain when my dad remarried 27 years ago; also a brother who tells the greatest stories.
  • A good job with a good boss and flexible hours. Even if you make me get on a plane every two minutes. And schedule a 2-day meeting right smack in the middle of CHA-Winter.
  • A brother who has a girlfriend who is a perfect match for him, and between the two, managed to arrange a weekend event that was just what our family needed. If you're in NH and need a plumber, I can help. Um, he can help.
  • A cute boy who is now a very sexy man. Everybody wants to rule the world.
  • A mom who dropped everything to take care of my sister; a second mom who would do the same and does.
  • Ryan Star, Everclear, ancient Del Fuegos, Jason Mraz, and that Snow Patrol song. Yeah, I'll lie with you and forget the world. There are days we could all use a bit of that.
  • The perfect child. Please don't tell her I said that. She'll use it against me. But she is perfect.
  • Shopping at the candy store. Wicked fun stuff.
  • Staff that has helped me through some rough spots and tragic times, and has remained to see me resurface. You guys.
  • Drop-dead gorgeous paper that smells delicious and feels ever so yummy.
  • Lots of extended family. You know who you are. And if you don't, pretend.
  • Long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days. Oh wait, that was Crash David in Bull Durham. Although it sure sounds like something to be thankful for.
  • Good health, good wishes, good friends, and a really good workout routine. Not necessarily in that order, but likely.
  • Diplomas. I like to graduate. I may even plan to do it again someday.
  • Home. Sleep. Chocolate chip cookies. Diet Coke. Bananas. Cool sunglasses. No lines at the movies. Pillowtop mattresses. Room service. The Amazing Race. Cute shoes. Amy Tan books. iPods. Direct flights, especially with upgrades. Pearls.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:24 AM , Blogger Melissa said...

    wonderful post Suzy. and I am definitely thankful for you and Annalis ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home