Easily Amused

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

That Silver Lining

  • Thank you to the Phoenix police officers who took the burglary report
  • Thanks to all my amazing customers today, from the first one in the door who helped me sweep up the broken glass and gave me a hug, to the ones at the end of the day who made sure everything was OK
  • Thanks to my awesome staff, including the one who called from her vacation to make sure another friend came to check up on me, and the others who checked in with me at home
  • Thanks to that friend for coming in and then bringing me back lunch
  • Thanks to my mom for being there for me
  • Thanks to a very respected colleague who made sure that safety came first
  • Thanks to my neighbors for taking packages, being concerned, and sharing information and kind words
  • Thanks to everyone who made a kind comment, offered words of comfort, and were just understanding as we made our way through the day
  • Thanks for leaving my memory card untouched, so my DD's birthday pictures are now backed up across the multi-media empire. It would be the worst to find that all of AG Place memories were just that.

I really struggled with whether to add this story to our blog. We work so hard to create a place that is full of spirit and caring. Sometimes, the choices we make are not the best, even when they are made with the best of intentions. But through it all, we find that people recognize the humanness in it all, and are willing to work with us through good and bad patches. Today was one of the toughest moments we have experienced. Thank you for holding our hands through it. Thank you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home